This program is intended to assist Harris County individuals or families who have experienced an adverse economic impact due to COVID-19. The funding provided through this program is intended to assist recipients with costs such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Healthcare expenses (telehealth, pharmaceuticals, etc.)
- Rental or mortgage payments
- Utility payments
- Food and grocery expenses
- Digital access expenses (internet connectivity)
- Transportation needs (fuel, public transportation costs, etc.)
- Childcare expenses
Selected applicants will self-certify that the funds they receive through this program from Harris County will be used for qualifying expenses.
To qualify for the emergency financial assistance provided through this program, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Household must be within Harris County
- Residents of the City of Houston with a primary address will be eligible for program participation.
- Applicants aged 18 years or older or emancipated minor
- Limited funds may be available for individuals who do not meet federal funding requirements.
- Applicants must provide the required personal identification and eligibility documentation. A list of documents can be viewed on the application.
- Household must have experienced an adverse economic impact due to the COVID-19 pandemic occurring after March 11, 2020 through the time of application (e.g., loss of income or wages, adverse healthcare impact/increased healthcare costs).
- At least one household member must be enrolled in a public assistance program OR have a total household income of less than 60% of the HUD Area Median Family Income (HAMFI) limits (at time of application). Examples of qualifying public assistance programs are:
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)†
- Federal Pell Grant (if current student) (2020-2021 Award Letter or Screenshot of Financial Aid award summary from school portal)
- Harris Health Gold Card (Approval Letter)
- Public Housing Assistance (Houston or Harris County Housing Authority)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Lunch Program (Free and/or Reduced School Lunch)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP/Food Stamps)†
- Women, Infants, and Children Program (WIC)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Tribal Assistance
- VA Pension or Disability
†(Upload the “Notice about your case” document OR a screenshot of your benefits summary from the Texas Benefits site)
- Have not received other COVID-19 related assistance from Harris County such as through CSD CR-EAP or GHCF assistance
- Only one award will be given per family household
- For purposes of this program, “household” will reference a family unit and will not extend to unrelated cohabitants (i.e., roommates)
2020 Data on Household Average Median Family Income (HAMFI) from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
|Household Size||60% Area Media Income|